Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mission Trip to Ecuador - September 2009

                                   




Dear Friend,

What an honor and privilege it is to share what God is doing in my life over the last year!  As many of you know last summer I left my position at Trinity Church to further pursue my Masters degree in Counseling and focus on other projects and adventures.  I am now at Pediatricians of Dallas working in the front office as an administrative assistant.  It has been a huge learning experience for me and great training ground as I further my education.  In my spare time I hang out with friends, read, write, baby-sit, and blissfully play the role of Aunt Cristyn to my nieces and nephews.  I’m constantly doing something and often wonder where time goes, I absolutely love every minute of it.  Recently, God has been putting a desire in my heart to participate in world missions by going on a short-term mission trip and now I have the perfect opportunity to serve through my church, Trinity Church Dallas. 

From September 5th to September 18th, Frontline (the missions arm of my church) will be sending a team to Cuenca, Ecuador to serve and share the love of Christ.  I plan to join a team of 10 people traveling to this beautiful country.  We will be doing ministry work with the family of Krissy Clark, a good friend of mine and a staff member at Trinity Church.  We will have the opportunity to minister to the people of Cuenca, the church there, kids, youth, men and women.  I look forward to this opportunity to step out of my comfort zone and really serve the people in Ecuador and help further the kingdom of God. 

We are currently seeking partners to join us on this outreach.  There are two ways you may partner.  The first, and most important, way is through prayer.  I believe that prayer is essential to making this outreach work.  When we pray, it shows complete dependence upon God, and a desire for His will alone to be done.  James 5:16 says, “…the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.”  Prayer is the fuel that will allow us to be successful as we follow God’s leading.  Without prayer, nothing will happen. 

As a team, we will need to raise $18,000.  This cost will include all airfare, lodging, food and ministry supplies.  Part of my responsibility to the team will be to raise $1500.  The deadline for our team to turn in funds is August 15th.  I pray that you would consider partnering with us so that we might take part in this terrific opportunity.  Enclosed you will find a response card and envelope.  Please make all gifts payable to “Frontline”.  You will receive a receipt for your tax records.  In the memo space, please write “Ecuador ST 2009”.  (Please do not write any team member’s names anywhere on the check). I look forward to receiving your responses.  

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.  Thank you for prayerfully considering this opportunity to give towards our mission to Ecuador! 

For His Kingdom,
Cristyn R. Rohloff

No comments: