Thursday, October 14, 2010

Not My Will...but HIS

"A man's mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure." ~ Proverbs 16:9


I looked in the mirror the other night and I didn't recognize the girl staring back at me.  Where there was once a wallflower, a shy stick figure of a girl, now stands this elegant, independent, beautiful creation of a King.  I've always existed as such, but it was only in the last couple of years that I came to understand and truly believe what God created inside of me.  With that revelation it has become to pour out and shine on the outside.  I think if you had asked me a few years ago what the future looked like, what life looked like for me, it would have been rather bleak.  More confused and unsure than anything.  I sit in my safe little nook of my bedroom and where pictures once stood, there are now blank spots as I begin to pack up and prepare for the next season of life.  It's a beautiful journey we are on here on earth, despite the ups and downs, good times and bad...darkness and light.  

I still haven't found words to explain what all God has done in and through me as He has shaped my life, but I believe when the time is right...in HIS timing...then I'll have the words.  The Lord has filled me to overflowing, more than I can ever hope or imagine.  I don't know what is up ahead, what the future holds, but I know that based on the journey I've already been down thus far, there is nothing I can't do in Christ.  

Ten years ago I had no idea I'd be in this place, I had no idea this would be the journey God would bring me through...honestly, I wasn't even sure I was going to live 10 years ago.  But God knew all that, He knew when my heart would bleed for Him, when my heart would break because of this world, and He always knows what I need right when I need it.  My God is a God who saves and by the blood of His son I am indeed saved.

No comments: