Sunday, October 19, 2008

Standing at the Line...

It's been a while since I've really sensed God moving in my life. I know He is up to something, I trust that, but when I hear His voice and a vision comes with it...those are the moments I long for. I often keep these visions hidden behind closed doors within the pages of my journal, but I felt a strong desire to share this one with you all (my readers) as I have a feeling there might be others in the same place in their relationship with the Lord.

As I've been praying through this season and asking God to speak to me, to show me the next step He has blessed with an incredible vision, one in which I have yet to walk through. There is a line that has been drawn in the sand, not a temporary line drawn with a stick, but rather a permanent line made out of steel that won't disappear. In fact, once I cross that line there is no turning back, that line made out of steel, once it is crossed, will quickly become a gate that cannot be opened. Once I cross the line I'm leaving behind the pain of this season and I'm just not sure I'm ready to do that. I know it sounds crazy, but leaving behind the pain of the known and walking into the unknown scares the heck out of me.

I share this with you as a source of familiarity, but also in the hope that you will stand and believe with me to pass over that line, to finally fully let go of all that entangles me and keeps me from going to the next level in my relationship with the Lord.

Know that even in the times that God takes away He is preparing you for something even greater. I've witnessed before my eyes on more than one occasion in this season as God has taken away, but in the aftermath has left behind something yet to be discovered. God bless and don't stop hoping!

No comments: