Sunday, October 25, 2009

This IS my Story...

Have you ever sat and listened to a song, I mean really listen to it, specifically the words? Often times that's all I hear, I don't hear the music at all. Today's song is the wonderful worship song, "Blessed Assurance." Such powerful words and re-done quite a few times by some amazingly talented worship leaders. Ross Parsley, the worship leader of New Life Church in Colorado Springs had his worship team record it on their Counting on God album, which was released around the time that my nephew passed away and right after their church endured two different tragedies only 13 months apart. In case it's been a while since you've heard it here are the words that have replayed over and over in my head today:

"This is my story, this is my song
Praising my Savior all the day long."

On the Counting on God album Ross Parsley leads his whole church from the worship song, "Overcome" into those two lines from Blessed Assurance, and they sing it over and over again... that's all they sing, and for me that's all they needed to. I'm laughing at myself right now because through the tears and rapid typing I feel as though if I don't get this blog written soon someone might miss it... breathe with me now won't you?

Whew... okay, I'm back and focused again : )

I've been taking some trips down memory lane lately and I got to thinking about my story, the one God has neatly written and knit together. Sometimes it's almost unbelievable where I've been and where God is leading me... and I'm only 28 (ok, so I'm rounding up, but I only have about 27 more days before I hit that mark). I was looking at the picture of me and Avery the day she was born the other night... I was 24 at the time...

(look how tiny she is... look how young I am)

That little girl is now 3 1/2 years old and has the biggest heart of anyone I've ever met in my life. She is a part of the last nearly 28 years that make up my story thus far. Along with the joys of becoming an aunt (8 times in the last 3.5 years) there have been plenty of tears and heart break and gut wrenching decisions that got me onto the path that I'm on now, the path that is leading me into what will be the pursuit of a 5 year long dream. I don't know if any of this makes sense, I think my ramblings are even confusing me, but you gotta hear this... I do have a point.

We all have a story, it's different from any other and that is what makes it great. One of these days I'll have the courage (and the words) to share all that God has done in me. Some of you already know, others of you don't and when the time is right it will find it's way to Heart of the Matter.

Lastly I want to share with you the story of another. I mentioned New Life Worship & Ross Parsley at the beginning of this blog, the following video on YouTube explains the story of their song "Overcome."

No comments: