Sunday, February 21, 2010

Unstoppable

I've spent a lot of time over the last week thinking about what my next blog should be or what I wanted to write about. So much to process and that I desire to discuss right now, but sometimes you just have to wait for the "perfect" timing. I kinda feel like God has been pulling sneak attacks on me lately... in a good way. It's actually been absolutely divine, being tapped on the shoulder, spoken to when I least expect it or even before I ask. He's good like that. The biggest thing I've been processing lately is what is my next step... in life that is. This quote here hangs out on my desk and is daily reminder of the journey ahead.


So true... in fact, I'm walking one out now. My graduate studies seemed like more than a thousand miles away (more like a thousand years) and yet here I am about to dive into the last session of classes/tests and gearing up for my practicum which begins in June and runs through November. And we've talked about this many a time before in other blogs, but what a journey it has been. Which gets me to my title... "Unstoppable"

Have you been watching the Winter Olympics? I don't have television at home so I can only catch it if I'm at other people's homes or babysitting. What I've paid special attention to this time around are the stories behind the athletes. They are more than just athletes, they are people like you and me. They face obstacles, they get hurt, they fear that their dreams might be over or unable to obtain but then... then, they get back up, brush themselves off and fight to live out the dream that is laid before them. I love it, makes my heart ooze with joy! I even downloaded Rascal Flatts' song "Unstoppable" that the Olympics have been using for this year. What a great and inspiring song! It's become my own little motivational theme song as I push through these final few months and find the strength that God has placed in me to accomplish this long time dream of mine.

The crazy thing of it all is that people told me a couple years ago that I was incredibly strong and I couldn't see it, I didn't believe them. Sometimes I wish I had, it may have saved some relationships, but now that I do I've learned to believe in my abilities, to believe in the goal set before me and trust that I can't do it alone, but with God nothing is impossible.

"You find your faith has been lost and shaken
You take back what's been taken
Get on your knees and dig down deep
You can do what you think is impossible
Keep on believing, don't give in
It'll come and make you whole again
It always will, it always does
Love is unstoppable."
~ Rascal Flatts, Unstoppable, 2009

No comments: