Friday, October 14, 2011

Open Letter to A Girl's Broken Heart

Precious Girl,

First, watch this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orc4TuIO56s

Has anyone told you how beautiful you are?  No?  Oh my goodness, but you are and it's more than just what you portray on the surface.  It goes deeper than mascara, eye liner, blush, and a pretty outfit... it's what I see in your heart.  I see a young woman growing in her faith and love for Jesus Christ.  I see a lady desiring to honor her Heavenly Father in all that she does.  I see beauty in how you love others, the BIG love that you show, the grace, compassion, and understanding.  I know you get frustrated at this life, at others sometimes, but unfortunately that is still part of our nature.  We are not perfect, yet we are perfect-able.  God wants you to turn your eyes from the things of this world and fix your eyes upon Him.  He loves you with that BIG love that you try so hard to show others.  Remember, we love because He first loved us (1 John 4:19).  I know you feel you've been hurt but the truth is your expectations just didn't meet reality and that does stink.  However, I know you, I can see you down the road and the unexpected joy that you will find just around the corner.  The smile that slowly finds its way back to your face is illuminating and inspiring.  You have feared your own strength for so long and now it's time to reconcile that with God.  To remember it is not a strength you came to find alone, by yourself, but rather a strength that God has placed in you and has been growing over time.

You are confident... intelligent... beautiful.... funny (and this one is okay, don't try to hide it, it can be a rarity)... you are a wonderful creation of the Heavenly Father and I'm pretty sure He doesn't make mistakes.  If right now you cannot grasp on to the truth that is spoken here, I pray you at least grasp on to the truth that God is FOR you!  That cheerleader you've been praying for to come along side you in life... that's God.  He's your biggest fan!  I pray that God shaped hole that you've rediscovered in your heart would be filled with God, and God alone.

You will survive this and remember... you always come out stronger than you were before.  I've seen it, I've seen your life unfold and I cannot wait to see what else God has in store for your precious heart and the life He has given you here on earth.  Hold on to Him, for He NEVER lets go of you.

In His Love,
Me

You restored me to health and let me live.  Surely it was for my benefit that I suffered such anguish.
In your love you kept me from the pit of destruction; you have put all my sins behind your back. 

~ Isaiah 38:16-17

No comments: