Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Who Will?

I've found myself resting quite a bit in a song recently... it's entitled "What Love Really Means" and is by JJ Heller.  Such an amazingly gifted artist and leaves so much for one to ponder.  I stumbled across the YouTube video for this song a couple weeks ago and it reminds me of what I believe God is calling me to do and what it means to truly love another.  I've said it before (at least in my quiet times with the Lord) and I will say it here... love is more than a feeling.  It's an action, a lifestyle, a choice.  I wrestle sometimes with myself as I've been told I love with a big love.  There's no sorta love from me... when I'm in, I'm all in.  This appears to be a weakness at times, especially when that love is not returned.  But it's in those moments that I remember what I stated a couple sentences back... it's not just a feeling.  I choose to love others, I choose to love them sometimes despite what they say or don't say to me.  Why do I do this?  It's a calling, a commandment from God.  In Matthew 22:39 it states that the second greatest commandment is to love your neighbor as yourself, the first being to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind.  I strive to follow both of those, but also know that I fail miserably sometimes.  I often take the second great commandment to such a length that I love others better than myself and it's only after I am sick and rundown that I realize I am terrible at caring for myself.  The point I make in all this is who will love others when they feel unloved?  Who will stand in the gap and pray and believe for the impossible or unbelievable when someone else doesn't have the strength?  Who will show this world what love really means?  Is it me? I hope so, at least I know that is what God is revealing to me in this season of life and through the love others have shown me.  Is it you?  

No comments: