Saturday, May 2, 2009

Living for the Little Moments


My sweet niece, Avery made my heart melt as we spent time coloring last night.  I would love if I could capture each and every moment with her in a jar (such as that of catching a lightening bug). We somehow got on the topic of Colorado and the following conversation is one I will forever treasure in my heart and made me tear up just a bit...

Me: "You miss Colorado?"

Avery: "Yeah"

Me: "You miss your friends there?"

Avery: "Yeah, Payton and Amy... but you're here to play with me"

I would give anything so that little girl could have her home and life in Colorado back.  Don't bet me wrong, I enjoy having her here and of course I love that my sister is close to share life with again, but I don't like that it came at the expense of losing my sweet nephew.  The enemy comes but to steal, kill, and destroy.  He may or may not be the one that took our sweet Billy from our arms here on earth, but he did steal the happiness and joy that once rested in the hearts of the Darnell family and for that I will not sit by and let him win.  I live for the little moments with my sweet Avery, and I with no apologies and no shame I will stand and believe with my sister that they will one day return to Colorado to make a home there.  I can't wait for Nathan to see it, he's gonna love it there... and I look forward to what God has for me there as well! ; )

No comments: