Monday, September 29, 2008

It's Really Good to be Back Home!

"Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away? Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.

You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows
your name"

~
Where Everybody Knows Your Name by Gary Portnoy and Judy Hart Angelo - Cheers Lyrics

This is a bit of a sequel to my blog from a month or so ago (the one about going back home). Well, I made a return to another home this past weekend and I was quickly reminded how good it feels to go where everybody knows your name. : ) Yes, I've referenced the "Cheers" theme song and compared it to that of my lovely home church. Don't be taken my stuff out of context now...I'm not saying it's like a bar, I'm just saying it's a place where you can go where everybody knows your name and they are truly glad that you came. : )

I've been searching for someone, for something over the last couple of months and it took misplacing myself to realize what it was I was looking for. I am looking for support, love, laughter, consistency, brokenness greeted by grace, and a whole heck of a lot of that mercy stuff! I don't know what else to say that the "Cheers" theme song hasn't already said...so there you have it.

Goodnight for now!

No comments: