Sunday, August 3, 2008

Change...Some Say It'll Do You Good

Verb,
1) make or become different
2) take or use another instead of

Noun
1) the act or the instance of making or becoming different

The theme of this season of life is change…I know, I know so unoriginal from the last season or the season before that. After all, most seasons of life are initiated by change in some way or another. Oh but when change comes my way I do it right…yep, not just one change but generally multiple changes. So what would this Spring be unless I took on multiple changes and not just any, but wonderful changes.

For starters there is the boy who just happens to be the most wonderful, godly man I know…we've been dating for 4+ months. I know that doesn't seem long but he and I have clicked from the first moment we met. It is so easy for us to talk and hang out…we love to laugh and love to be surrounded by friends and family. That was an easy change/transition, but alas there is more. See, in a few days I'll add the change of graduate school to my life resume and I couldn't be more nervously excited…is that even possible? Nervous in the sense of I have no idea how life will all balance out, but excited in the new adventure and the career aspects that will come upon completing my degree in three (maybe less) years.

Along with the wonderful boy and the new adventure of grad school come the spiritual changes. See, I know that in the midst of it all God is stretching me bringing me into a season where if I even think about letting go of His goodness and love I'd be crazy. He orchestrates every aspect of my life and I know it was His blessing that lead me and Christian to meet and I know it is His grace and mercy that has given me the passion and strength to pursue my masters in Family Studies so I in turn can use it to help families in need.

So that is where I'm at on this day, Thursday, March 6, 2008. And this is the verse of the season…

"Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 4:4-7

And this one is just a bonus verse…

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment." ~ 1 John 4:18

Embrace change my friends for that is what will help shape your life…it is a great adventure!

Original Post: March 6, 2008


No comments: