Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sailin into the firing range



Okay...so I'm a couple days behind schedule here, but I'm going to catch you up ever so quickly on my adventures here in Summerville, South Carolina (close to Charleston). I don't have pictures to post as of yet, but I will be uploading them either tomorrow or Friday to share with everyone so that I have evidence to prove the events I am about to describe.

I flew in Monday evening (August 4) and pretty much hit the ground running. After touching ground my cuz, her husband, their neighbor, and I headed to a wonderful sushi joint. Jess (my cuz) and I got all caught up on life Monday evening.

Tuesday we had a full day spent going in and out of cute little shops on Kuwah Island and about 20 minutes on the beach and then off we went to do some sailing with Jess's friend Diane, her boyfriend, Brad and Jess's hubby, Martin. It was really fun and I learned a bit about boats including steering it. Crazy, I know...some people believe I can barely steer a car, so to steer a boat is a whole other world. It was a wonderful experience and I'm glad I came out here with no expectations...only the expectation to get out of my own little world/box and try new things.

And then, well then there is today (Wednesday, August 6). Today, Martin (my cuz-in-law...Jess's hubby) took Jess and I to the firing range. Martin is a cop in Charleston, so he taught us well with the handguns. Jess was amazing from the get go...I on the other hand, well let's just say it took a few rounds before the target was officially "dead." We had a blast, and I'm so glad that I had this experience. I've never fired a gun before and now I have a little less fear about them because I took a chance and learned how.

Stay tuned as more crazy adventures await me here in good ol South Carolina. I'll post pictures soon and keep you updated as much as I can.

1 comment:

TL said...

Yo Cristyn! Good to see that you're havin fun. I remember the first time i shot a rifle, and then some guns. it was AWESOME!

things at the office are different without you and Krissy, and my dear wife. COME BACK, LADIES!

=)