Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Song of Prayer

"Heal my heart and make it clean, open up my eyes to the things unseen. Show me how to love like you have loved me. Break my heart for what breaks yours. Everything I am for your kingdom's cause, as I walk from earth into eternity." ~ Hosanna, Hillsong United 2007

Little did I know that this has been the prayer deep in my heart for all of 2007. It wasn't until this summer that I realized it. For this summer was the first I heard it and every time I hear it since then all of my heart and soul is poured into each and every word.

"Heal my heart and make it clean" - That I may only know purity and love, that the hurts of the past would not cloud my future and all that is to come and the pain that is yet to be endured and persevered would be faced with absolute purity.

"open up my eyes to the things unseen." - That I would turn my eyes from myself and the things that cause me to be selfish and turn to you and seek a selfless faith. Open up my eyes to the things I turn a blind eye to that seem to not exist when in all reality exist more often than I would like.

"Show me how to love like you have loved me." - That I would know the purest and strongest love that ever existed, one in which God sent His only Son so that I could have abundant life. That as you have loved me I too can give that same love to others, that the love I show would have no end, would have no limitations...that I too can love just as you have loved me.

"Break my heart for what breaks yours." - That I would hurt as you hurt Lord, that I would not accept the things that are unacceptable to you. As I have been given a life that counts and I have been given a love that shines with your goodness I would fight for the things and the lives that you fight for.

"Everything I am for your kingdom's cause, as I walk from earth into eternity." - That everything I stand for, all the things that come from my heart and my mouth would represent and glorify you as I am here on earth and as I walk towards eternity.

I am so amazed at what God has done in 2007, the strength and growth that He has brought me. I look forward to 2008 and all the goodness that God will bring as He has so faithfully done in the past.

Original Post: December 30, 2007

No comments: