Sunday, August 3, 2008

Lest I Forget: Living a Life Without Limits

Look to your left, right, now in front of you, and behind you. Now look up and then down…what did you see? Walls? Yeah, me to, however what we don't always realize is that those walls are nothing other than a temporary boundary line keeping us within our current position. If you step outside from wherever you are, work, home, errands, whatever you will find that you have more than one option to get to your next "boundary." I'm sure you're thinking that due to the fact that your car got you where you are now it seems to be the only option to get to the next destination, but you are wrong. See, you are fully capable of walking, running, catching a plane or boat, heck you could jump on a train, or snatch a bike from somewhere or someone (although that last one isn't recommended for any reason). I guess what I'm trying to point out is how often we limit ourselves based on our "boundaries" or most obviously our circumstances. I've realized most recently how much I limit myself because of this or that. Forget this or that, why not take a leap of faith, a chance and hope that I don't fall flat on my face. Should I, then I know not to try that way again. I'll just pick myself off, dust myself off, and start all over again just as I've always done since I was a little girl.

I'm just tired of shrinking back, hunkering down and beating myself up because of my circumstances, or the box that I place myself in. So now, after this newest chapter in my life ending way sooner than I anticipated I'm ready to take a huge leap of faith that I keep putting on the back burner time after time. We shall see what happens, it may end up being a huge mistake but the fact that the feeling the desire to follow through ceases to exist in me only means that I have to take this chance, this risk. We can't always place ourselves in these neatly organized, well kept, fear-driven boxes. Sometimes there is a little tug, and other times there is a forceful push to move us on to the next big thing. Don't ignore it, take a leap of faith, take a chance on "what could be," and find all that may be out there awaiting your arrival.

(originally written July 21, 2007)

Original Post: July 28, 2007

No comments: