Sunday, August 3, 2008

To Every Season There is a Reason

I was talking with a friend the other night. She is one of the most open, honest, precious, and beautiful people I know. She is a true joy and light in my life. Occasionally, I get the honor of being a light in her life as well and last night was one of those occasions. However, more so than usual the exact words that were coming from my mouth were words that I to needed to hear for myself. For a few weeks now I've had this tugging on my heart and this feeling that "it's just not my season." I wasn't quite sure I understood until last night. Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 states that there is a time for everything, a season for everything, and as I thought about that last night I also tied it in with everything happens for a reason. I firmly believe that everything does happen for a reason, whether or not we actually know or understand the reason is something totally different. I don't always understand, I don't understand why relationships end, why love can be so fleeting when it seems so strong. I cannot begin to explain or understand why there can be so much distance between two people who love each other and why dreams and hopes can disappear before we know it. What I can understand is that with each season of life things happen, in such things we can either choose to stay right where we are and miss all that is ahead. Or we can move with the season, choose to trust that there is a reason we have to keep moving and pick up and step out in faith.

There are so many seasons of my life that have been left unexplained, but I look back now and understand that those seasons were inevitable so that I could be where I am now, standing strong. I'm starting to see the person I always hoped I would be, the person that God always saw, the woman of faith and strength that He always sees. The journey it took to get to this season was rough and not without roadblocks, and I realize that there are still more up ahead. I say bring them on, for without them I learn nothing, I remain the same. The same is not something I strive for, I continue along this path fully knowing that it may not be the season I had hoped and it may not have panned out according to my plan. However, it is a much better season than I could imagine and it will lead to even greater things.

Original Post: April 2, 2007

No comments: