Thursday, August 28, 2008

It Starts with a Mustard Seed

"Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this moutain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." ~ Matthew 17:20

So I was talking with a friend tonight and he asked me if there was one thing I could change about him what would it be...so I proceeded to tell him. And then the tables were turned and I asked him the same about me. It's a very eye opening question and you definitely have to be willing to go into it with an open heart and trust that the one you are asking is responding in love. After hanging up the phone I started to ponder our enlightening conversation a bit more and immediately God reminded me of Matthew 17:20 in which Jesus informs the disciples of what little faith they have and that it only takes faith as small as a mustard seed to make a change. I'm longing for that these days...for change and for my faith to be as big as a mustard seed. I hadn't even realized that it was smaller than that.

Another story that came to mind was when Jesus calmed the storm. The most recent version I've heard of this story came from my 2-year-old niece, Avery and I have to say her rendition of it is quite compelling...

"It wained and it wained (hand motions showing rain coming down used in this description) and then Jeos (Jesus) came and stopped (holding out hand like stop signal) it. Jeos stopped the wain." ~ Avery recapping the calming of the storm as told to her by her Sunday School teachers

He's coming and the rain's a stopping, because that is one of many things our Miracle worker does...He comes to calm the storm, to lead the lost, and to love many!

No comments: