Sunday, August 3, 2008

Crazy Little Thing Called...

Fear – noun - an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat

I was taking the trash out at my apartment this evening when I started thinking about fear. What led to this thought was an amazing blessing and peace that I received today. As I was thinking of the monumental change that is on the horizon, the waves that are about to crash upon the shore I realized how fearful I was. But without a second thought I stopped, and I guess you could say I stumbled upon an epiphany, or theory so to speak. In those moments when I become fearful, I realize I am fully capable of conquering that in which I am afraid. I can't give out any details now as I do not have them, but I do know that I'm about to make the decision of a lifetime. And seeing that I'm in this wonderful season of life called "singleness," there is no better time. I leave you today with my bit of wisdom that I came across today. Granted, there are different kinds of fear, but the kind that I'm talking about is the life debilitating kind. The fear that keeps you from making those life decisions that could flip your world upside down…for the better. Say yes, if for nothing else other than to say you did it.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." ~ Hebrews 11:1

Original Post: April 14, 2007

No comments: