Sunday, August 3, 2008

It Won't Always Be Like This...

Dear Cristyn,

My precious daughter, please know things won't always be this way. I know it is a rough road right now, but there are better days up ahead. Not every night will end in a cloud of tears, but let me say I'm so glad that in the midst of all the pain you still meet with me, you still let me in to the deepest part of you. I am so proud of you. You are precious, so full of life, joy, passion, and kindness. Please know that this season does not define you, it only helps to make you stronger and more compassionate. I am amazed to see how you have stepped up and stepped in to help your sister and brother-in-law...they need you now, more than ever. At the same time be sure to let others in, even when it hurts. I see your pain, I feel your pain, but one thing I know for sure (although you may not understand right now)...it won't last forever.

You have really stepped up to the plate and hit or miss, you keep swinging. Listen to your heart, even if what it is telling you brings pain. I know what is best for you, I have your future locked...in fact it is all history to me. Trust me, trust me even when it doesn't make sense. You have worked so hard to be where you are and I smile with so much joy to see where your past has lead you...to see the compassion and tenderness you have for future generations. I truly believe you are going to change the world around you.

I have so much more to share with you, and it will all come in time. Remember, you receive not because you ask not...go ahead, give me a chance and ask whatever you will and I'll let you know (in due time) if it lines up with my will. Just breathe in and breathe out and be in this moment...don't miss a beat. I'm here, I catch every tear that falls...and remember the best is yet to come. This will soon be seen as a beautiful season that led you into an even more beautiful future.

I love you gorgeous!

Love,
Your Abba : )

Originally Written: July 24, 2008

No comments: