Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Winery and Carriage Tour



I'm sitting here trying to remember what all we did Friday (where I last left you)...I guess it means that I'm waiting too long before I blog. Friday I accompanied my cousin Jessi to her physical therapy appointment (she just had surgery on her ACL and Meniscus...her MCL wasn't torn all the way so they didn't have to repair that). I had a good time giving Jess a hard time about missing some appointments, I think I would make a great PT...I'd whip those patients into shape in no time, but alas that is not my calling in life.

After PT Jess and I went to her work where I blogged and she worked. We headed towards the winery after a quick bite to eat at what the would refer to as a Mexican Restaurant here in South Carolina. I call it "nice try!" You start to appreciate the simple things in life when they aren't right at your fingertips.

As we were tootin along the country road towards the winery we passed two Bambis...they did not appear to have a good day (in fact I believe one was missing his whole head). I told Jess we should put the what appeared to still be one piece Bambi in her trunk and fix him for dinner...I don't think she liked that idea. We arrived at the winery, tasted some yummy wine, bought some bottles and stepped onto the vineyard to eat some grapes...those things are huge. It was a short visit, but we got some cute pictures and some lovely delicious goodies.

After the winery experience Jess and I decided we wanted to go on a little kayaking trip with her mom through the creek and into the Intracoastal Waterway (it is right outside her mom's backyard). It was a blast, especially since I've never done it before. We found one house that had a rope hanging from their tree to measure the water...you'll see the picture someday when I finally download them. We got out to the Intracoastal Waterway (runs all the way from Maine down to Florida) and hit some cool waves off of a boat and jet skis. Right at the nick of time we headed back as the water was flowing out of the creek.

On Saturday, Jess, her mom Ande, and I all went on a carriage ride tour through downtown Charleston. It was somewhat enlightening, but the tour guide was a bit cocky and liked to talk about his ancestors in Charleston. We did see a road they used in the movie, "The Patriot." After some more lovely/silly pictures we headed home to relax and eat dinner with Jess's parents and step-brother. That was an adventure too as I enjoyed crab legs for the very first time...talk about too much work when you are trying to eat.

Well, now it is Sunday...I'm more than half way through my vacation and I slept the latest today than any other day...woo hoo!!! We are off to the Bridal Show...more adventures to come!!!

No comments: